Wednesday, October 31, 2012

French Revolution Diary Entry

My name Lauren, and I live in France during the time of the revolution. Everyone is rebelling against our king and it is scary. Since it is scary, I sit back and watch. Many people go outside and speak there minds. I later see them being beaten and taken to be imprisoned, and then a couple days later they face the guillotine. A crazy person named Robespierre took over as leader. I believe he is crazy. Every single person that has spoke against him or the rebellion, have been sent to the guillotine and beheaded. 
When I walk around the country, I must be careful of the people who I associate with. If I associate with the rich people, I could be accused of being against the rebellion and then beheaded. It I associate with the Protestants, them people will assume I am all for the rebellion and try to convince me to get involved. 
At this point, it is easier for me to just not talk to anyone, and stay to my self. I just witnessed the beheading of King Louis, and Marie Antoinette. I didn't think that they were corrupt rulers, I just feel that they used the money unwisely. If people would have told them to stop spending a lot of money on worthless parties instead of killing everyone! I am very scared, and hopefully I can survive through the revolution!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren I like the historical background you give in your diary, it really helps develop the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that its smart to keep to yourself, its too risky to pick a side when there is so much violence outside.

    ReplyDelete